Additional Agreement for .nz Domain Names
These are the additional terms applicable to the registration of New Zealand (.nz) domains. These are the terms for Webfarm, Ocular register their domains through Webfarm so these Terms form part of the Ocular core Terms & Conditions.
- WebFarm is an authorised .nz registrar and offers domain name registration services to the public through its connection with New Zealand Registry Services (New Zealand domain name Registry Ltd). - The Registrant has requested WebFarm to provide services to him/her/it and WebFarm has agreed to do so on the terms and conditions set out in this Agreement.
- This Agreement consists of the WebFarm General Terms and Conditions plus the following terms:
2.WebFarm's Obligations - We agree that upon complying fully with your obligations under this Agreement (including without limitation makingpayment of all fees in full) we will:
- 2.1 Comply with all .nz policies promulgated by any lawful authority from time to time and all statements of roles andresponsibilities and accurately represent all of these to you.
- 2.2 Disclose accurately and completely all our terms and conditions associated with your use of our services to registerand maintain a domain name sought to be used by you, including price and billing information.
- 2.3 Comply with your lawful directions in a diligent and timely manner regarding your .nz domain name (for example,registration, cancellation, amendment, deletion and associated technical support and billing) PROVIDED HOWEVER ouraccepting your instruction does not provide any guarantee that the domain name(s) sought to be registered is availableor will be able to be secured for you.
- 2.4 Process any new .nz domain name registrations with the registry within the same day if your order is recievedduring business hours or during the next business day otherwise.
- 2.5 Notify you of the registration of your domain name(s), including the details of: the domain name, your contactdetails, our contact details, the registration period, instructions for retrieving the unique authentication ID for your domainname and your obligations as a registrant.
- 2.6 Arrange for correction of any error in the information in the register about any domain name registered to you whenrequested.
- 2.7 Provide to you, or to someone we reasonably believe to be acting on your behalf, the unique authentication ID foryour domain name when requested and for no charge.
- 2.8 Use your personal information only as authorised by you.
- 2.9 Take all reasonable steps to safeguard and protect all information about you stored in our databases andsystem(s).
- 2.10 Comply with any order of any authority having jurisdiction regarding any domain name registered to you.
- 2.11 Use our best endeavours to deal with any complaints you may have about the services we provide for you.
- 2.13 Accept (in our sole discretion) cancellations of domain name registrations within four calendar days of initialregistration and provide a refund of the payments made by you for registration.
3.The Registrant's Obligations - You agree that you will:
- 3.1 Comply with the .nz policies promulgated by any lawful authority from time to time and all statements of roles andresponsibilities issues by the DNC. You agree that you have read and understood all .nz current policies and statementsposted at the official website of the DNC.
- 3.2 Make sure all information you gave us is accurate and complete, keep us informed of changes to any informationyou give us and in particular update and maintain using the interface provided at WebFarm's official website, and thatyou have the authority to enter into this agreement. We will not be liable to you for anything in any way should yourcontact or other details not be kept accurate or up to date.
- 3.3 Keep the unique authentication ID for your domain name and any other security information that we give to youconfidential, safe and secure.
- 3.4 Satisfy yourself that your use of a domain name will not infringe anybody's intellectual property rights and protectus, and everybody we are in any business relationship with to provide services to you, from any such claim.
- 3.5 Ensure that you only use our services for a lawful purpose.
- 3.6 Ensure that the use of any domain name registered to you does not interfere with other users of the Internet.
- 3.7 Ensure that any order of any authority having jurisdiction regarding any domain name registered to you to ensurethey also meet the above duties.
- 3.8 Protect and fully indemnify us, and everybody we have a business relationship with, against any legal action takenagainst us because of the receipt or use of our services by you or someone you are responsible for, including reliance byus or anybody we have a business relationship with, on information supplied by you. - Duties of Other Persons
- 3.9 You are responsible for everyone who uses a domain name registered to you to ensure they also meet the above duties.
4. Registration and Renewal of a Domain Name -
- 4.1 When a domain name in the .nz domain name space is registered to you, or in your name as directed by you, you agree:
- 4.1.1 That the following information becomes available to any member of the public: - Your name; - Your contact details; and - The domain name, its commencement and expiry dates and addresses/details of the name servers for it, and ourname.
- 4.1.2 The domain name is registered in your name only because no other person has it according to the records of theregister; and
- 4.1.3 Neither we nor anybody else is representing anything else to anybody regarding the domain name. The entry ofa domain name in the "who is" database shall not be taken as evidence of anything other than such registration; and
- 4.1.4 That you protect and fully indemnify us and everybody we have a business relationship with to provide services toyou, from any claim arising out of the domain name being registered in your name or as you direct.
- 4.2 The administrative email contact given by you for your domain name(s) will be notified by email more than fourteen(14) days prior to the renewal date for the name(s). It is your responsibility to maintain a correct email contact address. We will process your renewal only if payment is received in full by credit card (as set out in clause 6.1) on or prior to therenewal date. If payment has not been received in full we will not take any action to renew the domain name(s) and shallnot be obliged to notify you of this. We will not be responsible for any losses, costs, expenses or damages resulting fromthe lapsing of the domain name(s) in these circumstances.
5. Register is the Record - For all purposes the details shown in the register shall be treated as correct and the authoritative record.
6. Paymentof Fees -
- 6.1 Domain names will be registered for one year, and, where not included in the cost of hosting, the full amount billedto your next account.
- 6.2 Current fees for services are set out on our website at www.webfarm.co.nz
- 6.3 If you transfer a domain name registered to you to another registrant or to be managed by another registrar, allcharges owing to us shall become immediately due and payable on the date of that transfer.
- 6.4 You agree that unless we accept a cancellation under clause 2.13 above, all payments made by you for domainservices are non-refundable whether in whole or in part once our services have been provided irrespective of what mightsubsequently happen to your domain name (i.e. suspension, cancellation or transfer of the name to another registrar orregistrant).
7. Suspension and Refusal to Supply Services -
- 7.1 If you do not pay our charges for a domain name registered to you we may: -
7.1.1 Cancel registration of that domain name; or
- 7.1.2 Refuse to provide a service you request. -
- 7.2 If a claim is made or threatened against us by any third party, we may immediately cancel or suspend registrationor refuse any request for service unless in our sole discretion we are satisfied that the claim is wholly without merit or youprovide us with sufficient security (in our discretion) to protect and indemnify us against that claim. Any cancellation,supervision or refusal by us under this clause does not give you any right to claim damages compensation or any lossesof any nature from us.
8. Cancellation of a Domain Name - If we are going to cancel the registration of a domain name registered to you as a result of you not paying our chargesrelating to that registration or for any breach of this Agreement or any other applicable policies or terms and conditions,we will give you fourteen days notice before we cancel that domain name.
9. Exclusion of Liability - We exclude all liability we may have to you for any claim except where we have acted in bad faith. This exclusion also applies for the benefit of:
- 9.1 InternetNZ, the registry and any other entity we are in any business relationship with;
- 9.2 Every officer, employee, contractor, agent of us or any entity in clause 9.1;
- 9.3 Anyone else we get to perform our duties under any agreement you have with us. - None of the persons specified above is liable or has to pay you for anything else in connection with or resulting fromanything any of us does or does not do, or delays in doing, whether or not it is contemplated or authorised by anyagreement you have with us. - This exclusion applies whatever you are claiming for and in whatever way liability might arise. - This exclusion does not prevent you getting a court order requiring us to do anything we have agreed to do for you anddoes not limit any rights you may have (if any) under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
10. Limitation of Our Liability - We have excluded all other liability we or any of the persons specified in clause 9 may have to you. If any of thosepersons is ever liable to you and, for any reason, cannot rely on the exclusion of liability set out in clause 7 then thisclause applies. - Where this clause applies, the maximum combined amount the persons specified above (together) will have to pay youand anyone else who uses the services we provide for you (together) is the amount of the last month's fee paid by youunder this Agreement.
11. Law and Jurisdiction Applying to This Agreement - Unless we otherwise agree in writing, this Agreement contains all the terms of our relationship and continues to apply no matter where you are located at the time any of the services are provided or where you reside. This will be the case untilthis agreement is cancelled except to the extent clause 15 says otherwise. To that extent legally permitted:
- 11.1 All our services are provided under New Zealand law;
- 11.2 Any claim or dispute arising out of or in connection with this agreement must be instituted within 60 days from thedate the relevant service was supplied to you;
- 11.3 Except as otherwise stated, you may take action against us only in New Zealand court;
- 11.4 Where you or any registrant for whom you act supplies incorrect information regarding a domain name and weincur cost in any matter concerning that name then we may recover the costs incurred by us from you.
12. Cancellingthe Agreement -
- 12.1 We may cancel or suspend this agreement by giving you one months notice if you do not meet your duties to usexcept in the event that we take action under clause 7 or 8.
- 12.2 We may end the agreement for any other reason by giving you one month's notice.
13. More than One Person - You are responsible for everybody who you permit to act for you as a registrant. We will take reasonable care tosatisfy our self that you have permitted those persons to act for you.
14. Each Clause Separately Binding - - Each clause of the Agreement you have with us is separately binding. - If for any reason we, you, or any of the persons specified in clause 8 cannot rely on any clause, all other clauses of itare binding.
15. Rights and Responsibilities that Continue - The cancelling of any Agreement you have with us does not affect any rights and responsibilities, which are intended tocontinue or come into force afterwards. These include the rights and duties under 3, 5 - 11, 13 - 14, and this clause 15.